Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Something Completely Different

I don't usually get political here but what's with this column?

Hate Spring Eternal - The New York Times

I like Krugman's economic commentary, but a lot of you have heard me complain that he never talks to anyone. Now he doesn't even need evidence to draw conclusions? Where does he get the idea that "most of the venom" is coming from supporters of Mr. Obama.? Does saying "I won’t try for fake evenhandedness here" excuse his pulling stuff out of thin air? He doesn't even cite any anecdotal evidence.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger lauren said...

aside from the obama point (i agree with you, it's unsupported in the piece - though i'm married to the poster child for the effect he describes), i do find the nixonland/"clinton rules" discussion interesting. we do have two smart, viable candidates, and i'm awfully tired of democrats eating their young (i do it myself - you could power a semi with my loathing for ralph nader). do the candidates need to pledge eventual support for one another? no, i think that support is still a given. could we all unclench a bit? oh yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home